BENEFITS OF CONSUMING COW GHEE
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of cow ghee?
Is it the fluffy, hot chapatis smeared with a generous serving of ghee that makes your mouth water? Maybe a big dollop poured in your favourite dal tadka that takes its aroma to the next level? Or that delicious bowl of dry fruits halwa made with rich cow ghee that suddenly makes you long for home-cooked food?
If these are what you thought about, then you know how important an ingredient cow ghee is in Indian kitchens. While it adds a unique flavour to every food, it also bears enormous health benefits that makes it a staple in our regular diet. Here are some of the most important ones to know:
1. Rich in nutrients: Cow ghee is a rich source of vitamin A, D, E & K that is important in ensuring normal cellular function and growth in humans. It also contains a wide range of antioxidants that prevents free radical damage in our bodies which is a major cause of cardiac ailments and specific types of cancer. Including cow ghee in our regular diet is an easy way to augment nutritional needs while protecting ourselves from a variety of diseases caused by a lack of antioxidants.
2. Improves digestion: Cow ghee helps maintain good gut health as it revitalizes the secretion of digestive enzymes to break down the food easily. As it contains lower chain fatty acids, it gets metabolized fast and is easily absorbed by the body. Consumption of cow ghee also helps prevent constipation by regularizing bowel movement.
3. Aids in bone health: In Ayurveda, cow ghee is the most preferred base for preparing any medicine because it can reach the deepest of tissues in the human body and nourish it. This is why it is also effective in improving bone health by enhancing its strength and density. It relieves joint pains, stiffness by lubricating bones and also helps in alleviating symptoms of arthritis. Therefore, it’s advisable to consume cow ghee regularly to ensure long term mobility, bone strength and overall conditioning.
4. Boosts immunity: It goes without saying that strong immunity is the cornerstone of a healthy body. And since cow ghee is a rich source of antioxidants, it also serves as an immunity booster for it prevents the generation of free radicals in our bodies that gives way to chronic health conditions like cardiac disorders, inflammatory disease, cataract and several other diseases. At a time like this when the world is passing through a major pandemic, strengthening our immunity is of paramount importance to prevent falling ill. And cow ghee, given its wide nutritional spectrum and antioxidant properties, is a must-have in your regular diet.
5. Nourishes skin: Yes, that’s right. If you’ve been considering a truly natural skin care product for a while that comes with zero side effects and doesn’t pinch your pocket either, grab that jar of ghee from your kitchen shelf right away. Cow ghee is a natural moisturizer that can keep your skin soft and moisturized even in the driest of weathers. The fatty acids in it provide the much-needed hydration that leaves the skin glowing. So be sure to include this natural skincare hack to look your best every day. Just take a few drops of ghee on your palm and massage it over your face/hands in a circular motion. Leave it overnight and wash off with lukewarm water. You will be surprised to see how soft, smooth and glowing your skin feels with this natural therapy.
There you go! These are some of the most amazing health benefits of cow ghee. So if you are not already using it, check out Heritage’s aromatic Golden Cow Ghee here. Made from pure cow milk and processed in state-of-the-art plants, this is as natural as it can get. It’s a magnificent golden colour, rich aroma and granular texture makes it a favourite of many.
Try it for yourself and elevate your health & your dishes with the flavourful touch of Heritage Golden Cow Ghee. Buy Now on Big Basket.