Heritage Fresh Paneer
Heritage Products available on Big Basket
- Idli batter – 1 cup
- Onions – 1/2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 4 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
- Oil – few tbsp’s
- Heritage Fresh Paneer – 1/2 cup, grated or crumbled
- Onions – 1/2, finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 1/2, finely chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos, finely chopped(adjust as per your spice preference)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp(adjust as per your spice preference)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
Steps to prepare Paneer Ponganalu:
1. For the paneer filling – Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and wait till they crackle. Next, add onions and green chillies and saute till onions turn translucent.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell of the paste is gone. Now add tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and mushy.
3. Now add the spice powders, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
4. Add grated/crumbled Heritage Fresh paneer, mix well and let it cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes until all ingredients are well combined.
5. Masala paneer filling is ready. Remove from heat and let it cool.
6. Now, to the idli batter add finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and mix well. Note, add these ingredients to the batter just before making the Ponganalu. If you add them before and leave it the batter will turn thin.
7. Heat the Ponganalu pan. Add a few drops of oil into each hole. Pour Ponganalu batter into each hole until they are half-filled. Spoon in little of the masala paneer filling, and add some more Ponganalu batter on top of the filling leaving some space over the top for it to rise.
8. Allow it to cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Using a wooden skewer or spoon turn the Ponganalu, check the sides. If they are browned, flip them over gently and allow them to cook on the other side.
9. Remove from heat and repeat the same procedure with rest of the batter. If you prefer crispy Ponganalu, you can flip them over again to cook, this will turn them crispy. This step is optional.
10. Serve masala paneer stuffed Ponganalu hot with spicy coconut chutney or tomato chutney.