Heritage Golden Cow Ghee
Heritage Full Cream Milk
Heritage Products available on Big Basket
List of Ingredients
- Heritage Full Cream Milk
- Heritage Golden Cow Ghee
- Rose Water
- All Purpose Flour
- Milk Powder
- Fennel Seeds
- Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Almonds
- Chopped Pistachios
- Silver Foil
- Dried Rose Petals
Steps to prepare the Rabdi-
- In a broad thick bottomed pan or sauce pan or a kadhai, take full cream whole milk and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the flame and continue to simmer the milk. Stir at intervals.
- Keep on scraping the dried milk from the sides and add them back to the milk.
- Stir and scrape often so that the milk does not brown or burn from the bottom or the sides.
- Keep on simmering, stirring and scraping.
- It will take about an hour for the milk to thicken on a low flame.
- Switch the heat off when the milk has reduced and has thickened.
- Add sugar. Stir well so that the sugar dissolves.
- Next, add some strands of saffron along with kewra water or rose water.
Steps to prepare the Malpua Batter-
- In a mixing bowl, take all-purpose flour, milk powder, fennel seeds & cardamom powder. Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Now, add milk and begin to stir to make a thick batter without lumps.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor runny.
- Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
Steps to prepare the Sugar Syrup-
- Heat the sugar and water on a low flame, keep stirring well so that the sugar melts. Keep boiling till the syrup starts to thicken.
- Now, add saffron strands & cardamom powder to the sugar syrup. Lastly, add some lemon juice.
Steps to prepare the Malpua-
- Heat some ghee in a pan.
- Lower the flame. Take 2 to 3 tbsp of the batter and gently pour it on the hot ghee. Make 2 to 4 malpuas depending on the size of the pan.
- Fry on a low to medium heat till crisp and golden, flipping the malpua a couple of times.
- Then immediately place them in the warm sugar syrup. Gently coat the malpua with the sugar syrup with a spoon or small tongs.
- After a couple of minutes remove them and place them in a serving tray or plate. Prepare all the malpuas this way and coat them with the sugar syrup.
- Pour some rabdi on top. Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios, along with some silver foil & dried rose petals.
- Serve the malpuas with hot rabdi.